Friday, December 14, 2012

Ibrahima Sarr et Danaya


latest obsession (and what else are blogs about,other than our obsessions?)
djembe master Ibrahima Sarr and the amazing Danaya company of singers ,dancers  & percussionists:


about
Ibrahima Sarr 

Ibrahima SARR - Djembé solo, direction
Adama COULIBALY - Chant et donso ngoni
Fatime DIABATE - Chant et danse
Seïba SISSOKO - Djeli ngoni
Moussa DIABATE - Bala
Fassara SACKO dit "Niangri" - Chant et doundoun solo
Gaoussou KOUYATÉ dit "Garçon" - Djembé solo et accompagnement
Ismaïla KOUYATÉ dit "Kenieba” - Djembé, doundoun solo et accompagnement
Brahima Coulibaly - Danse et konkoni


why  I'm  so in love with Fassara Sacko's voice ?
listen to him in the wonderful Nia nia O .

the short film port 386 from Olivier Conrardy about the Danaya company can be viewed here  do your self this favor and don't miss it .



1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, I just learned about Ibrahima Sarr, saw some videos, then excitedly searched for this CD. It's no where to be found for a price that I can afford, but thanks for at least this little taste! I'll keep trying to track it down. I love the blog! I stumbled across your previous blog a few times, I believe.

    ReplyDelete